Monday, November 13, 2017

Every childs dream



Having a family is something that most of us take for granted. You could say too that it is impossible to miss something that you have. Some of you maybe can relate to what I am going to share, but most have not been there, including myself. The picture here depicts a beautiful setting with a complete and happy family. What is it like for a child to have the mom, dad, or both taken from their picture of the good life? This picture for some is only a dream that they have almost every night as the lay in their bed. Only this dream brings pain and distorts the normal development process of a child. Just a couple of days ago this reality hit me hard as a teenage girl from a family that we have just started helping out in our children's home came to me and said, "The other children call you "Papi", can I call you that too?" I told her of course it would be an honor, and immediately she hugged me. A humbling experience that hit hard the reality that there are so many that have not had the important opportunity to have someone that they can call Dad. It's never too late to share love. Blessings to you, and be a blessing to others, especially those in your home!

No comments: