Thursday, May 9, 2019

Wanted: Family

I saw this picture on social media and it caused me to reflect on my work in Tepic. At our children's home live or have lived many children separated from their parents. The reasons for the separation are distinct, but the fact is they all long for a mom and dad. I had my parents my whole childhood and teen years so I cannot relate to not having a mom and dad, or having but not being present, in these important years. What affect does this have on the life of a child? You probably have seen a tree that just grew around something. The tree just continued growing as children do. Character and behavior of the child are affected. Love and support are needed in a child's life to help them in their development. Where that attention comes from is crucial. 
Words of encouragement along with attention can go a long way in the life of any child. This is where you or I can have a positive affect of the life of a child. Working with children as a church worker, or coach are opportunities to provide needed attention. Time given to a child will have a present and eternal reward. We cannot know when a crucial time of need arises in a life. There may never be a thank you as we give time but you can know that you have done little of more value than give time and encouragement. Be a blessing to those around you and have a wonderful day!



No comments: