Saturday, January 27, 2018

A good neighbor to have.

In searching for a place to live I would look for good streets that are clean, where people still respect
one another, sidewalks and a park, hearing laughter rather than shouting, and having a good coffee shop close by. I would want to hear birds singing and to be able to sit on a bench under the shade of a beautiful tree. I like space so having good sized lots to have room for a garden and a few trees. I would not want to feel the coldness of a heartless neighbor, or to be scorched by a nearby hothead. I would like a stop sign on the corner where people stopped and smiled at people crossing in front of them. Just a few things that come to mind. I think we would all love to live in a good neighborhood. 
I was thinking about my neighborhood when I read these words this morning, "Our Father in heaven, Hallowed be Your name.  Your kingdom come.", the rest of the Lord's prayer we know pretty well. I thought to myself what would God look for and would He want to move next door to me? I hope he would. This thought motivates me to be kind hearted to all, and to love my neighbor even if he or she is not very lovable. I want to be a "good neighbor to have." Hope you have a wonderful day!

No comments: