Sunday, February 4, 2018

Let God transform your me.

I ran across a little word the other day that caused me to pause and ponder what I just read. This has not been the first time, in fact many times it has happened. A two letter word that has changed my way of thinking. This little reminder of mine has been a help to me in life causing me to be a better person. The word I am referring to is "us".
In Matthew 6:11 it says, "Give us this day our daily bread." I used to think of this as God providing my needs, but I now see it as meeting our needs. It is normal to feel hunger and say that I am hungry, but it takes compassion and insight to know that many have little or nothing to eat. Compassion should be part of our lives as it will transform us into good hearted people. 
When you pray today give thanks for what God has done and provided for you, and always believe God to provide extra so that you have to give to the needy around you. The verse mentioned above has helped me to think less of myself and more of others around me in need. May God give you a wonderful day, but not just for you but for those around you as well.

No comments: